Who we are
This website is operated by InBody Europe B.V. of Hessenbergweg 75A 1101CX Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands (‘we’ or ‘us’).
- the personal data we collect about you
- the reasons and legal basis for processing personal data
- with whom your personal data information might be shared with
- what rights you have regarding the processing of your personal data
We are a ‘data controller’, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information) and we can be contacted as follows:
By post: Data Processing Manager, Ms. Rami Lee , Hessenbergweg 75A 1101CX Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +31 20 2386080
What personal data information do we collect?
We collect your personal data in relation to you visiting our website and contacting us, product support, clinical support, C/S support and , and on registration for our newsletter: The following (categories of) data are processed.
- Website visit
- Product Support
Name, Email, Address, Phone Number, Company Name, Address, Zip code
- Clinical Support
First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Company Name
- C/S Support
Device Serial Number, Company Name, Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Address
- Contact Us / Communication
Full name, Email Address, Business Name, Job Title, Phone Number, Address
- Registration for our newsletter
We also collect personal data when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
If you are under the age of 16, your registration and your data protection consent must be approved by the person with parental responsibility for you. You have to provide us with the mobile phone number of such responsible person which we will use to obtain such approval. If approval has not been granted within 10 days, we will delete your personal data.
Personal data about other individuals
If you give us personal data on behalf of someone else (such as a child, see above), you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
Reasons and legal basis for processing
We process personal data about you for the following reasons:
- communication with you about us and/or our products which may be of interest to you
- monitoring and recording communications (such as telephone conversations and e-mail) for the purpose of improving the quality of our services and/or prevention of fraud
- to send you our newsletters when you have subscribed for our newsletter
- regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
- operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
- investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences
- statistical analysis
- analysing preferences and improving services
- providing customer services
- marketing purposes
We process your personal data on the following legal basis
With regard to communication, operational reasons, investigating complaints and allegations product support, clinical support, C/S support, contact us, statistical analysis, alalysing preferences and improving services, providing customer services and marketing purposes:
- for the performance of a contract and/or
- to pursue a legitimate interest by us, namely to promote and sell our products, to conduct our business, to monitor and improve the quality of our services and to prevent fraud
- to comply with legal obligations, such as tax regulations, health care regulations etc.
With regard to the newsletter:
- consent and/or
- performance of a contract and/or
- to pursue our legitimate interests namely to inform you about us and our products and for marketing purposes.
You always have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide this information, we might not be able to make our website available to you, answer your questions and/or enter into contact with you.
We do not process your personal data except for the reasons stated above. No more personal data are processed than strictly necessary for the purposes mentioned in this policy.
We take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect your personal data and to prevent misuse, loss or alternation of your personal data. Your personal data is encrypted when it is stored on our server. In addition personal data is transferred between our servers and you via a secure encrypted internet connection.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
What can I do to keep my personal data safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your personal data and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Systems used to process personal data
We gather the personal data directly from you and also via our websites, App and other technical systems. These may include, for example, our:
- computer networks and connections
- communications systems
- and other hardware and software owned, used or provided by or on behalf of us.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you use our website or App. We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies: these cookies ensure that the website functions properly. This may include cookies that are necessary to create an account
- Analytical cookies that ensure that insight can be gained into how website visitors use our website, so that we can improve the website and the website is geared to what website visitors find interesting and important. We do not use the data obtained with these cookies to study the use of the website at an individual level, but only at an aggregated level.
We have concluded a processor agreement with Google Inc. (“Google”) and use Google Analytics, an analytics web service provided by Google Inc., to ensure that our Website functions properly. We use Google Analytics cookies to improve the quality and effectiveness of our website and have configured the application in a privacy-friendly manner in accordance with the instructions of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Cookie data about your use of our website is transferred to and stored by Google. Google processes the IP addresses of all website visitors for our company. In addition, our company uses an anonymized Google Analytics application that removes the last octet of the IP addresses of your website visitors. The IP anonymization takes place as soon as data is received by the Analytics Collection Network, and before any storage or processing takes place.
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data for any purpose besides providing us with analytics information.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You may opt-out of the collection and storage of data by Google Inc. and set the browser to disable cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it is possible that some functions and services of our website and other websites do not function properly if cookies are disabled.
Transfer of personal data
Who your personal data might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- a third party who acquires InBody or acquires substantially all of our assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- other software providers you may request to give you access to your Inbody device data.
Transfers of your personal data out of the EEA
Your personal data is stored on our servers. Our servers are located in Europe.
Your data will be held in accordance with our retention policy. In general, we store your data until you (request to) delete your personal data.
Sometimes a longer retention period is applicable, for instance in case of a legal retention term, claims etc.
What rights do you have?
You have a number of important rights, which can be exercised free of charge. You have the right to:
- request access to your personal
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Where you have given consent to any personal data processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager below providing enough information to identify you and let us know which information to which your request relates.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal data you can complain at […..email@example.com], you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office , which is the supervising authority in relation to data processing.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by posting on our website.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] or write to us at [Hessenbergweg 75A 1101CX Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands] or call us on [+31 20 2386080]