Who we are
This website is operated by InBody Europe B.V. of Hessenbergweg 75A 1101CX Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Nethelands (‘we’ or ‘us’).
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
We are a ‘data controller’, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information) and we can be contacted as follows:
By post: Data Processing Manager, Ms. Rami Lee , Hessenbergweg 75A 1101CX Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Nethelands
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: +31 20 2386080
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect your personal information on product support, clinical support, C/S support and contact us.
- Product Support
Name, Email, Phone Number, Company Name, Address, Zip code
- Clinical Support
First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Company Name
- C/S Support
Device Serial Number, Company Name, Name, Phone Number, Email, Address
- Contact Us
Full name, Email, Business Name, Job Title, Phone Number, Address
We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, compete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
If you are under the age of 16, your registration and your data protection consent must be approved by the person with parental responsibility for you. You have to provide us with the mobile phone number of such responsible person which we will use to obtain such approval. If approval has not been granted within 10 days, we will delete your personal data.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else (such as a child, see above), you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
The legal basis for processing
The processing will take place based on your explicit consent. Where you have given consent to any data processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Reasons for processing
We process information about you for the following reasons:
- compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
- operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
- investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences
- statistical analysis
- analysing preferences and improving services
- providing customer services
We do not process your personal information except for the reasons stated above.
Is my data secure?
Your data is encrypted both when it is stored on our server. In addition data is transferred between our servers and you via a secure encrypted internet connection.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our websites, App and other technical systems. These may include, for example, our:
- computer networks and connections
- communications systems
- and other hardware and software owned, used or provided by or on behalf of us.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of improving the quality of our services and preventing fraud.
- recognise you whenever you visit the website or App (this speeds up your access to the website or App as you do not have to log on each time); and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. We may obtain information about your device such as your IP address, your browser and/or other internet log information. In certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you—but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an online form) or where you purchase goods or services from us.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, some of our website features may not function properly as a result.
How will we use the information about you?
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- a third party who acquires InBody or acquires substantially all of our assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- other software providers you may request be given access to your Inbody device data.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Your data is stored on our server. Our servers are located in Europe. However, we may need to transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area to our group company’s servers in South Korea. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Your data will be held in accordance with our retention policy.
What rights do you have?
You have a number of important rights, which can be exercised free of charge. You have the right to request:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Where you have given consent to any data processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. We will not do anything with your data not outlined in this notice.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager in writing (see above), providing enough information to identify you and let us know which information to which your request relates.
If you are not satisfied with any complaint you have with us, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, which is the supervising authority in relation to data processing.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by posting on our website.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] or write to us at [Premier House, Beveridge Lane, Bardon Hill, Coalville, LE67 1T ] or call us on [+44 (0)7789 357 629].